Theme: Petty Theft - Synonyms.
17. Delayed show of surprise: DOUBLE TAKE
23. "Frumious" beast in "Jabberwocky": BANDERSNATCH
38. Cosmetic surgery that removes bags: EYE LIFT
48. Eight-ball call: CORNER POCKET
60. Indicate willingness to date someone, on Tinder ... and an apt hint to the last part of 17-, 23-, 38- and 48-Across: SWIPE RIGHT. Words on the right are synonyms for SWIPE.
Argyle here and I have an alibi. I don't have a device that can be swiped. Can you swipe with a mouse?
1. Soaking spots: BATHS
6. Wile E. Coyote's supplier of iron bird seed: ACME. I'm not kidding. The Illustrated Catalog Of ACME Products.
10. Car ad no.: MSRP. (manufacturer's suggested retail price)
14. Cry during a winning streak: "I'M HOT!"
15. Stick in one's __: cause resentment: CRAW. Idiom.
16. Home furnishings giant: IKEA
19. River sediment: SILT
20. "Happy Motoring" company: ESSO
21. Philosopher Descartes: RENÉ
22. "Hamlet" courtier: OSRIC. A young courtier at Claudius's court. Rich and little more, he is affected in his speech and manner.
26. Suave: URBANE
29. Long, wriggly swimmers: EELS
30. "Rock-a-bye Baby" tree limb: BOUGH
31. "From the __ of Montezuma ... ": HALLS. Semper Fi.
34. Q's neighbor, on most keyboards: TAB
37. Tolkien creature: ELF
40. Program file ending: EXE
41. NFL official: REF
42. Graphic showing 50 sts.: US MAP
43. Central Florida city: OCALA
45. To be, to Caesar: ESSE
47. Wound like S-curves: SNAKED
53. Stubble remover: RAZOR
54. Big name in skin care: OLAY
55. Playbill listings: BIOs. SE corner gave me fits.
59. "Am __ early?": I TOO
62. Transmitted: SENT
63. Actress Campbell: NEVE. Quite active on the Corner of late.
64. Word before and after "de la": CRÈME. Best of the best.
65. Quarry: PREY
66. Tram loads: OREs
67. Madison Ave. pro: AD REP. AD MAN slowed me up.
1. __ one's time: wait: BIDE
2. "Famous" cookie man: AMOS. There is a short bio if you watch it on YouTube.
3. Therefore: THUS
4. Large, bindle-shaped purse: HOBOBAG. For all you bindlestiffs.
5. Abbr. on a Cardinal's cap: STL
6. Performed on stage: ACTED
7. "Whooping" marsh bird: CRANE
8. Manufacturer: MAKER
9. Flock female: EWE
10. Mass book: MISSAL. A missal is a liturgical book containing all instructions and texts necessary for the celebration of Mass throughout the year. - Aug 11, 2010 and Jan 30, 2014 Crossword Corner.
12. Thing of the past: RELIC
13. Pothole repair: PATCH
18. Fish-eating bird: ERNE
22. Brit's 14-pound equivalent: ONE STONE
24. Busch partner in beer: ANHEUSER
25. Starter starter: SELF
26. Lyft competitor: UBER
27. Playbill listing: ROLE
28. Minimal-conflict area: BUFFER ZONE. NOT the spot where you take your car after it has been washed and waxed.
31. Garment border: HEM
32. First state, alphabetically: Abbr.: ALA. Alabama
33. Impudence: LIP
35. Rod between wheels: AXLE
36. Necklace sphere: BEAD
39. River of Flanders: YSER
44. __ seat: advantageous spot: CATBIRD. Idiom.
46. High-and-mighty: SNOOTY
47. Breed of terrier: SKYE
48. Fruity dessert: CRISP
49. Wild West film: OATER
50. Remote button: POWER
51. Fruit that's black when fully ripe: OLIVE. Canned black olives have often been artificially blackened and may contain the chemical ferrous gluconate to improve the appearance. Acme olives?
52. Lighthouse locales: CAPES
56. Disney CEO Robert: IGER
57. "Good heavens!": "OH ME!"
58. Part of a recovery program: STEP
60. __-Caps: candy: SNO
61. Color TV pioneer: RCA