Theme: No Reveal Tuesday - It's anagrams of VILE.
17A. Tendency to explode in anger: VILE TEMPER
25A. Demons and such: EVIL SPIRITS
36A. Cover for mysterious doings: VEIL OF SECRECY
49A. Blue jeans pioneer: LEVI STRAUSS
59A. Real-time media transfer: LIVE STREAM
Argyle here. Nice puzzle, Bruce. I want to see what OwenKL does with it.
1. Bun or beehive: HAIRDO
7. Faux __: social goof: PAS. French: literally, false step.
10. Keep __: persevere: AT IT
14. Free from stress by heating, as metal: ANNEAL. I am a fan of "Forged in Fire".
15. Theater chain initials: AMC. (originally an abbreviation for American Multi-Cinema)
16. Golfer's mulligan, e.g.: REDO
19. Banjo ridge: FRET
20. Surrounded by: AMID
21. Rushed toward: RAN AT
23. Genetic letters: RNA. (ribonucleic acid)
24. Scottish denial: NAE
28. Graduates: ALUMNI
30. Deem necessary: SEE FIT
31. Performing: ACTING
35. Issue a ticket to: CITE
40. Surprise "from the blue": BOLT
41. Sharpshooters' aiming devices: SCOPES
42. Top squads: A TEAMS
45. Media revenue source: AD SALE
53. Roman goddess of peace: PAX
54. Wash. neighbor: IDA. Wikipedia article about Idaho.
55. Needles: GOADS
56. Beaujolais or Burgundy: WINE. 39-Down. 56-Across choices: REDS
57. Red __: spicy candies: HOTS
62. "The Mammoth Hunters" novelist Jean: AUEL. I transposed the E/U but almost got it first time.
63. Dictator Amin: IDI
64. Rain or snow, briefly: PRECIP. (precipitation) The main forms of precipitation include drizzle, rain, sleet, snow, graupel and hail. The term graupel comes from the German for soft hail or snow pellets.
65. Wee: ITSY
66. Broadband option, briefly: DSL. (Digital Subscriber Line)
67. Most elegant: FINEST
1. "Our Man in __": Graham Greene novel set in Cuba: HAVANA
2. Creature: ANIMAL
3. Instead (of): IN LIEU
4. Film critic Rex: REED. "Until 2017 he wrote the column "On the Town with Rex Reed" for The New York Observer." ~ Wiki.
5. "Who __?": New Orleans Saints fans' chant: DAT
6. Spanish cheer: ¡OLÉ!
7. Like a visit from the Bishop of Rome: PAPAL. The Bishop of Rome is the Pope.
8. Congregational replies: AMENS
9. Paper bits for collages: SCRAPS
10. Response to "Speak!": [ARF!]
11. Wonderful: TERRIFIC
12. Modern theft target: IDENTITY
13. How food may be seasoned: TO TASTE
18. Med. scan: MRI. (magnetic resonance imaging)
22. Even score: TIE
25. Ltr. insert: ENCL. (enclosed or enclosure)
26. Corleone family head: VITO. The Godfather.
27. School break: RECESS
29. Rum cocktail: MAI TAI
32. "No __, ands or buts!": IFS
33. White House foreign policy gp.: NSC. (National Security Council)
34. Old Prizm automaker: GEO
36. Removed from office via election: VOTED OUT
37. Lifts: ELEVATES
38. Taxpayer ID users: CPAs. (Certified Public Accountant)
40. Bloody Mary's solo: BALI HA'I
43. Chinese food additive: MSG. (monosodium glutamate)
44. Unemotional: STOLID. From the Latin word stolidus.
46. Separately: A PIECE
47. Island verandas: LANAIs
48. Not subject to jury duty, say: EXEMPT. Perhaps if you're aged.
50. Fridge forays: RAIDS
51. Analgesic brand: ADVIL
52. Put to work: USE
56. Birdhouse singer: WREN
58. Furtive: SLY
60. Sunscreen letters: SPF. (sun protection factor).
61. Prefix with cycle: TRI