google.com, pub-2774194725043577, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 L.A.Times Crossword Corner: Sunday June 5, 2016 Paul Coulter

Advertisements

Jun 5, 2016

Sunday June 5, 2016 Paul Coulter

Theme: "Hybrid Crossings" - Each Down theme entry crosses the hybrid word it forms. Like so:

22A. Without 3-Down, artful deception : SMOG (Smoke + Fog) AND MIRRORS. 3D. Driving hazard : FOG. Original phrase is "smoke and mirrors"'

37A. Without 32-Down, stinging insects : ORANGE (Yellow + Red) JACKETS. 32D. __ alert : RED. Yellow jacket. 

52A. Without 30-Down, separate matter altogether : MULE (Horse + Donkey) OF A DIFFERENT COLOR. 30D. Critter orchestrally imitated in Grofé's "Grand Canyon Suite" : DONKEY. Horse of a different color.  Both DONKEY and SPOON intersect two themers.
 
73A. Without 76-Down, arrive where one must decide between options :
COME TO A SPORK (Spoon + Fork) IN THE ROAD. 76D. Aid in a stirring experience : SPOON. Come to a fork in the road.

 90A. Without 90-Down, be evasive : SKORT (Skirt + Shorts) THE ISSUE. 90D. Golfer's garb : SHORTS. Skirt the issue. = Skort.

110A. Without 100-Down, classic children's novel : CHARLOTTE'S BLOG (Web + Log)  100D. Shipboard account : LOG. Charlotte's Web.

Heavy themage. Grid spanners are OK for 15*15, but somehow they're tougher to deal with for a Sunday puzzle. And Paul has added pressure of making the intersection work.

You might think those Down themers are short and won't present too much problem for the constructor. But they must intersect with the hybrid words. FOG cannot cross the O in MIRRORS. RED can not cross the E in JACKETS.

Brilliant construction. I'm totally in awe.

Across:       

1. Personal ad abbr. : SWF. The movie is scary.

4. Dry and crack : CHAP

8. Film rating org. : MPAA

12. Muse of comedy : THALIA. Needed crossing help.

18. 1986 Gene Hackman film : HOOSIERS. What's your favorite Gene Hackman movie?

20. Paths for three-pointers : ARCS

21. "The Truth About Cats & Dogs" genre : ROM-COM
 
24. Gone : USED UP

25. Usher's creator : POE. Googled afterwards. Not familiar with the short story "The Fall of the House of Usher".

26. Actress Hatcher : TERI

27. Left end? : IST. Leftist.

28. "The X-Files" extras : G-MEN. Normally a clue for ETS.

29. Shallow crossing point : FORD

31. Dress : ENROBE

33. Cocktail hour array : DIPs. Was picturing drinks.

34. Prefix meaning "bee" : API
 
41. Bit of public relations deception : SPIN. Also 70. Trickery : DECEIT

42. Discussion group : PANEL

44. Ran quickly : DARTED

45. Others, on the Orinoco : OTRAS. Or OTROS.

46. Revealing, as some gowns : BACKLESS. So pretty.

49. Name again : RE-APPOINT

57. Maker of ProX skin products : OLAY. Gimme for ladies.

58. Where balls are often caught : MIDAIR

59. Catch but good : NAIL

60. Engine part : CAM

61. "The Waste Land" monogram : TSE

63. The King : ELVIS

65. "Errare humanum __" : EST. Latin for "to err is human".

66. Poll no. : PCT (Percent)

69. Ratted : TOLD

72. Field of study : AREA

80. Original model : ARCHETYPE. Great entry.

81. It counts : NEATNESS. Not abacus.

82. Gave a darn : CARED

83. Lazy : OTIOSE. Not a word I use.

88. Repeated phrase in Ecclesiastes : A TIME. Stumped me.

89. Latin wings : ALAE

94. U.K. award : OBE. Or MBE.

95. Vulnerable bone for a catcher : SHIN

96. Uncommon : SCARCE

97. Poet Silverstein : SHEL

101. Valhalla VIP : THOR

102. Cholesterol initials : LDL

103. "Momo" author Michael : ENDE.  Have any of you read the book?

106. Winner's medalla : ORO

107. Unlike golf, as a rule : INDOOR. We had a indoor driving range near Fleet Farm. Gone now. Also 98D. Stroked into the cup : HOLED
 
114. Absolute ruler : DESPOT

115. Native Rwandan : HUTU

116. Religious dissensions : HERESIES

117. Little hooters : OWLETS

118. Blood type, briefly : O NEG

119. Giant great : MAYS (Willie). Quite a few baseball references in this puzzle.

120. Poem originally performed with music : ODE

Down:

1. Stubby-legged Capp critter : SHMOO. Forgot. We had him before. Wiki says "Shmoos are delicious to eat, and are eager to be eaten."

2. Beau : WOOER

4. Theater : CINE

5. "The Birds" actress : HEDREN (Tippi)

6. Strong-__ : ARMING

7. Telepathy, e.g. : PSI. I don't get it. I wanted ESP.

8. Popular chocolate treat : MARS BAR

9. Defend from attack : PROTECT

10. Spanning: Abbr. : ACR (Across)

11. Biblical beast : ASS

12. One-ups : TRUMPS

13. Takes to the cleaners ... or cleans : HOSES. Great clue.

14. "Right on!" : AMEN

15. Readout using polarized light, briefly : LCD

16. Chit : IOU

17. Band aid : AMP. Great clue also.

19. Rested, in a way : SAT

22. Sunscreen letters : SPF

23. Spanish wine region : RIOJA. Got via crosses.

28. "Scram!" : GIT

33. Pfeiffer of TV's "Cybill" : DEDEE. Sister of Michelle Pfeiffer.

34. Patriots' Day month : APRIL

35. Bench site : PIANO. Piano bench.

36. Orch. component : INSTR. OK, instrument.  Gluey entry.

38. Move, to a Realtor : RE-LO

39. Hebrew leader? : ALEF. First Hebrew letter.

40. LPGA star Cristie : KERR. She's Boomer's favorite LPGA player.


41. Happy hour seat : STOOL

42. Zahn of TV news : PAULA. Lots of names in Downs. Besides the above HEDREN, KERR, DEDEE, we also have 50. Actress Bening : ANNETTE. 54. Three-time Masters winner : FALDO (Nick). 56. Former NBA center Dampier : ERICK. 75. Hal of the 1985 World Champion Kansas City Royals : MCRAE. 77. Czech hockey player Nedved : PETR. 78. Lukas of "Witness" : HAAS. 110. Comic Margaret : CHO. Korean CHO is same as Chinese Zhao or Chao (as in Elaine Chao).

43. "That shut her up like __": Tennessee Williams : A CLAM

45. Footnote abbr. : OP. CIT.

46. Bowl game star, briefly : BMOC. "Big Man on Campus"

47. Like some service : SAME DAY

48. Reagan prog. : SDI (Strategic Defense Initiative)

51. Fund-raising gps. : PTAs

53. Chemical suffix : IDE

55. Half a sawbuck : FIVER

61. Schlepped : TOTED

62. Place for a coin : SLOT. Boomer was solving the NYT crossword in our local paper, then told me that Will Shortz made a big mistake in the clue for GRANT [50s president]. He said Grant's presidency was in 60s and 70s. Ha ha.

64. Tre + tre : SEI

66. Preface : PROEM. Not INTRO.

67. Break off : CEASE

68. Small amounts : TADs

69. Little laugh : TEHEE

71. Setting for Dickens : INN

72. __ Army: links group : ARNIE'S. Finally met with Jack Nicklaus last summer. He was so easygoing.

73. Tree with pods : CACAO

74. GUM rival : ORAL B

79. Disbelieving accusation : ET TU

84. Words said while stretching, maybe : IT'S LATE. Great clue/fill.

85. Non-Rx med : OTC DRUG. Four consonants in a row.

86. Formal will : SHALL. Got me last time.

87. Always, in verse : E'ER
 
91. White wine aperitif : KIR

92. Summer cooler : ICE TEA. I've started to use ICE TEA rather than ICED TEA. Easy to say without the extra D in ICED.

93. Halter? : SENTRY. Halt-er.

95. Photograph : SHOOT

 99. Uneven, as a leaf's edge : EROSE
 
101. Drink too much : TOPE

104. Odd couple? : DEES. The two letters.

105. Letter with curves : ESS

107. Altar avowal : I DO

108. Green : NEW

109. Internet access letters : DSL

111. Follower of Attila : HUN

112. Omega, to a physicist : OHM

113. Many a Wikipedia article : BIO


Happy Birthday to dear TTP, who saved this blog from Google Hell a few years ago. TTP is a computer expert, also a sports nut. He has astonishing knowledge on baseball & football & bowling. He and his wife are avid golfers and gardeners. TTP also does his own home improvement projects. He's also a great cook. Now, Dave, find that perfect cake!

C.C.

40 comments:

OwenKL said...

FIW. :( One lone cell. I even knew which one it was, because it was the only WAG I was doubtful of: _IPS+_EDEE. Ah, well.

The theme entries were intriguing, but the clues were all phrased such that I was expecting the subject of the crossed word to be added instead of subtracted.

{A, A-, A+.}

Mable was determined to be classed with bad sorts.
She flouted the dress code and wore mini-SKORTS.
When TOLD to ENROBE
In something more apropos,
She came in next day in her BACKLESS moon-SHORTS!

DEDEE DARTED to here, and she DARTED to there,
Her speed and her SPIN drove her folks near despair!
With a whoosh and a jump
DEES ran up a tree trunk,
And pirouetted from limb to limb in MIDAIR!

When the world was aborning, the Spirit pronounced
That Chaos and Order would each keep accounts
To see which would rule
This NEWly-formed jewel;
In a FOG, Chaos lost -- Because NEATNESS COUNTS!

fermatprime said...

Greetings!

Thanks, Paul and CC!

Fun puzzle. The theme answers took a bit but were amusing.

Several names were perped. Knew DEDEE, however, but expected an extra E.

Stumbled on Solitaire on my puzzle site. (Has introduced many new puzzles. Hadn't played it since I was a child. Didn't like the version there so paid $1.99 for an app for my iPadPro. REALLY COOL. Horribly habit forming. Must try to go to bed!

Argyle said...

Psi (parapsychology), psychic or paranormal phenomena ~ Wiki.

Argyle said...

In parapsychology, psi is the unknown factor in extrasensory perception and psychokinesis experiences that is not explained by known physical or biological mechanisms. The term is derived from the Greek ψ psi, 23rd letter of the Greek alphabet and the initial letter of the Greek ψυχή psyche, "mind, soul". The term was coined by biologist Berthold P. Wiesner, and first used by psychologist Robert Thouless in a 1942 article published in the British Journal of Psychology

Barry G. said...

Morning, all (and Happy Birthday, TTP)!

Great theme today, although I will admit I wish they were all real hybrid words (SPORK, SKORT, etc).

Too many proper names today, though. Almost turfed it at the end trying to come up with ENDE. Took a long time to come up with CHARLOTTE'S BLOG, partially because I couldn't think of an "hybrid" word that involved LOG, and partially because with CHARL in place I was sure it was going to be CHARLIE something, but once the light bulb finally went on I had enough to finish up.

Paul Coulter said...

Thanks for the review, C.C. And the poem, Owen, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Hybrid Crossings (originally called Hybrid Vitality) started as a companion piece to my recent Fireball puzzle Cross References (originally called Myth Busters) which began as mythological creatures that are crosses of two species. When I wrote them about a year ago, I was pretty new at this and I had no idea either would be accepted, let alone published within a week of each other, let alone with the echo in their titles. This one started out all portmanteau words like BLOG and SPORK, and it would have been nice if I could have pulled it off with consistency throughout. As Jenni noted in the Fireball review on Crossword Fiend, the waters were muddied when MUD and MOCHA got in along with MINOTAUR and GRIFFIN. Here, I have to ding myself for ORANGE and MULE[sigh...]

desper-otto said...

Good morning!

Managed to "sense" the theme, but never really got it, so CHARLOTTE'S BLOG didn't bother me a big. Perhaps at one time I knew that BLOG was short for WebLog -- no more. The plethora of names made this one a slog, but I finally prevailed. With C.C.'s help I'm able to see just how difficult this puzzle was to create. Impressive, Mr. Coulter.

Happy Birthday, TTP! Good luck on the course today.

desper-otto said...

Big = bit. Gotta luv autocorrect.

Dudley said...

Hello Puzzlers -

Impressive construction! I knew something was up when perps required Orange before Jacket, and combined with the title, that was enough to work out the two grid spanners. There were a few pockets of resistance, especially around Proem, but good guesses saved the day. Hand up for being unsure of Psi (thanks, Argyle!).

Morning, C.C., never read Momo, but the cover art has me wondering what the book is about.

HBTY, TTP!

TTP said...

Good morning. Thank you Paul Coulter and CC.

This was a real toughie for me. There were some self-inflicted wounds of course, like ESP before PSI, zUlU before HUTU, and intro before PROEM. But overall, very tough for me. Almost gave up on that NE corner. Now of course, it looks so simple.

Serendipity ? There was a feature story about ELVIS and Nixon on the news as I read the clue "The King."

Others, on the Orinoco ? Filled in OTR-S and waited to see if O or A. Momentarily thought patio for "Bench site" before PIANO prevailed and gave me the feminine others.

Fav was Halter ? for SENTRY. Maybe because it stumped me for so long.

First theme fill was MULE OF A D-FF and so I tried DIFFERENT COLOR and it worked. Game on, but still had trouble coming up with the hybrids. Very challenging.

CC, thank you for the happy birthday wishes and kind words. But great cook ? You must have mixed me up with Desper-Otto or Steve or Anon-T. At best, I'm ok at reasonably following other peoples recipes. Computer expert ? I can muddle my way around a PC. My career was more about systems, processes, and program (project) management. I often embarrass myself trying to answer PC related questions and issues.

Favorite Gene Hackman movie ? The Conversation.

Lemonade714 said...

Cool puzzle, I really like working out the visual challenges in cross fill.

Never heard of MOMO, knew PROEM from a recent blog of a JW puzzle

Heard PSI as related to telepathy and like powers from reading and watching lots of Sci-fi.

I wonder if in modernization they will take Grant off the 50 dollar bill.

Thanks Paul and C.C.

Irish Miss said...

Good Morning:

I find this theme and execution brilliant, especially after reading CC's explanation of the crossing constraints. I smiled when I realized what was going on; what fun! I had a few w/o's including ESP/PSI, and porch/piano, but the perps were solid and everything fell into place very nicely.

Thank you, Paul, for a very enjoyable solve (Proper names don't bother me a bit), and thanks, CC, for the detailed expo.

Happy Birthday, TTP, hope it's a very special day.

I watched Bridge of Spies last night and liked it a lot. Tom Hanks was outstanding, as usual, and Mark Rylance gave an equally compelling performance as a Russian spy.

Bill G, I, too, missed your son's HGTV appearance; do you know if it's going to be shown again?

Have a great day.

CrossEyedDave said...

Not sure which way to go on this one...

So I better cover all the bases...

Happy Birthday TTP!

Splynter said...

Hi there~!

Loved the clever construction today, must have been a slog just to get it to work; thanks, Paul, and C.C. for the write-up.

My favorite, of course, was "SKORT THE ISSUE"

Had PROTOtype and OPEN BACK for BACKLESS, mis-read the clue at 116a. and filled in hereTiCs. AGTS for G-MEN, too. PROEM was new to me, and spell-check doesn't recognize it, either.

Is that O-neg, or ONE G~? How about a puzzle like that~?

Splynter

Husker Gary said...

Wow, what a masterpiece on every level! I can’t top C.C.’s summation.

Musings
-I wouldn’t think any woman would announce in an ad that she is S, W or F.
-Two bad cells - STUMPS for TRUMPS. TOMCOM stars Mr. Cruise and no inkling on THALIA
-These APIARISTS of the Omaha Bee Club get a minimum of $35 for this service
-Pol. to his SPINmeister – “Go make a silk purse out of my pig’s ear!”
-We kitty owners know all about DARTING!
-He got NAILED!
-Polls today tell how much both candidates are disliked
-“Does NEATNESS count?” asked the student. “Nah, be sloppy.” I replied
-Both TURN and A TIME repeated from Ecclesiastes (3:55)
-HERESIES – How’d that thing with Martin Luther and the Pope work out?
-I got SAME DAY service on my bowel operation!
-My GUM was this huge shopping mall
-Happy Birthday, Tom! What’s your age in a binary number?

C6D6 Peg said...

Paul's puzzle was filled with tricky cluing and a trickier theme. Got it done, but way over the time limit. Great puzzle, Paul, and thanks for the nice challenge!

C.C., nice write-up. Thanks for all the info you share with us, either on the blog, or in your constructions!

Argyle, thank's for the PSI explanation!

inanehiker said...

Really enjoyed this puzzle - one of the most creative themes / constructions of recent memory.

Thanks Paul and CC!

Happy birthday, TTP!

Bill G. said...

I solved the puzzle and saw the connection between the theme words. But the way it was 'revealed' in the puzzle has left my poor brain muddled and foggy. I know SMOG is a mixture of SMOKE and FOG but the way it is clued didn't make sense to me at first. I guess once you remove FOG from SMOG and mirrors, you get SMOKE and mirrors remaining. Yes? Clever but difficult for my brain to wrap around.

Irish Miss, my son's renovation video has been shown and repeated once so far. I can't find if it is being aired again. I'll let you know if I hear about it being re-aired.

CanadianEh! said...

Impressive theme work. Thanks Paul. Thanks C.C. for explaining my DNF spots.
NE corner was my downfall. I had Usurps for TRUMPS, O yes for AMEN, LED for LCD, and Sop for AMP. That pretty much "gummed up the works"!

I did get the theme although I misread the "classic children's novel" clue as "without 110 down" and could not figure out how CHO turned Web into Blog. DUH!

Hand up for ESP before PSI. I really wanted Vanity to be th Ecclesiastes reference. PROEM was new to me also.

We finally had some badly needed rain, a nice slow soaking for the gardens.

Happy Birthday TTP!



Lemonade714 said...

I was waiting for CED's cake link (where is the tennis ball?) to wish HBDTY TTP and many more.

I am really surprised how many of you commented on not knowing PROEM when we just had it on Friday, May 13, 2016 in JW's PAL puzzle when you (all along with me) commented on not knowing the word. Like JD suggested years ago, if you make a list of the new words while you solve by writing one down you are much more likely to remember for next time. IMO

Going to be a rainy week. How did you do in the storm Tin?

With on demand, if you know the episode title , we can watch your son's appearance Bill G.

Irish Miss said...

Lemony - The episode title is Double Down". I'm watching it right now. Thanks for the tip; I'm still learning how much On Demand offers.

Misty said...

Happy Birthday, TTP.

I actually did get almost the whole thing, but had to cheat and look up HAAS and ENDE. Hey, no politics, Paul--how did TRUMPs get in there? (Just kidding). Fun puzzle and fun expo, C.C.--nice way to start a Sunday.

Just realized that today would have been Rowland's and my twenty-second wedding anniversary. Best thing that ever happened in my life--I will always miss him--but what happy memories he gave me.

Have a great Sunday, everybody!

Bill G. said...

I dunno anything about On Demand either. There is something called On Demand on my DVR cable box though I've never used it. Is that what you guys are talking about?

I thought you guys might enjoy this tribute to Muhammad Ali by Billy Crystal. Crystal/Ali

Lucina said...

Happy birthday, TTP! I hope you scored well on your golf game

WEES. Though I appreciated the construction of this puzzle, it was a slog for me in some parts. I saw the theme, but like Bill, it's hard to wrap my brain around it. The numerous names C.C. listed were quite my downfall in most cases. Some perped, some didn't. Maybe I'm feeling OTIOSE.

Many of the clever clues left me chuckling especially, aid in a stirring experience, SPOON. Originally I had APRON and not knowing PETR foiled me. DEDEE was another where I completely lost it; my DIPS were NUTS and OUT seemed like a good fill for scram. Really bad there because I knew TRUMP but failed to change the T to P.

Luckily my former classes read CHARLOTTE'S Web though I, too, thought some variation of CHARLIE would prevail.

Thank you, Paul Coulter, for this challenging solve! I can't imagine what it took to construct it. And many thanks to you, C.C., for clearly showing me the right path. I took a FORK IN THE ROAD too many times.

Bill G:
Again, I want to tell you how much I enjoyed watching your son's and Angela's renovation efforts. They are both charming and articulate. You must be proud.

I hope you are having a wonderful day, everyone! WARM wishes to all!

Jayce said...

Wow, how did you DO that!? Amazing puzzle. Thank you!

PK said...

HI Y'all! Wow, such a complicated creative theme. I didn't understand the "without" part of the clues, but I did come up with the theme entries fairly easily. Satisfying solve, Paul. Always great, C.C.

I liked PIANO & STOOL in the same section as SPIN, which is what kids do on that STOOL.

Knew Lukas HAAS but not the spelling. Never seen it in print, only heard it in the movie which I've seen several times.

Had to wait for a few perps to be sure of Sir Nick FALDO who is one of my favorite golf commentators as well as a past champ. (Woods would fit.)

Happy Birthday, TTP! I enjoy your posts.

Argyle, Thanks for the PSI explanation. Fascinating stuff.

Tinbeni said...

Happy Birthday TTP

Didn't wait for Sunset to "Toast You!"

Hey! I'm in Tropical Storm Colin wake ...
And it is ALWAYS 5-O'Clock Somewhere!

Cheers!

Tinbeni said...

Husker @12:23

So your student asked: "Does NEATNESS count?" and you didn't tell him ...

"According to my friend Tinbeni, in Tarpon Springs, Florida .. NEATNESS always counts!"

and another "Toast" has been made ...

Cheers!

TTP said...

Hi all !

Thank you all for your Happy Birthday wishes. It's been a fine day. And those cakes by CED put the icing on the .... How do you do it ? You take the .... !

I've had better (scoring) rounds on the course, but perhaps not as much fun. Took a lot of good natured grief. Entering my seventh decade.

Husker Gary, it would be 0011 1100 in binary. BTW, it's Tom. Tony is that smart guy that we are so lucky to have on the blog.

DW made wienerschnitzel and spaetzle. Time to eat !

Lemonade714 said...

yes a much of the on demand is free.

I was flipping through channels and saw that miss USA Pageant was on. Appreciating pulchritude I did watch a bit and wondered if anyone else feels like I do about my birth state (Connecticut) and my chosen state (Florida).
I want them to do well and I am touch sad when they are not in the top 15/

Anonymous said...

Lemony @ 1:59

I am really surprised how many times you make us feel stupid with your patronizing comments. Wait...no I'm not.
We're not all super smart lawyers that beat the system...like you.

If I could just remember that April 22, 2012 puzzle by your pseudo-BFF, I would NAIL every puzzle...like you. Wait...no I wouldn't.

I'm not you.

Husker Gary said...

Musings 2
-Yeah, I know, Tom, I got a discrete reminder in my Gmail telling me I had mistakenly put in the wrong first name even though I know/knew better. Your birthday is one of those big ones ending in a 0, so extra congrats!
-If you want to convert Tom’s age to Base 10
-Bill, I am watching your son and his girlfriend’s video on HGTV and have to tell you that Joann and I have never had to compromise for an $800,000 house. ☺
-Your kids’ seem very nice and their story is much better than the cruddy NBA game
-Sure, Tin, telling my kids NEAT like my scotch drinking friend in Florida could cause me some issues.

Anonymous said...

I agree that lemony is patronizing and often insulting. But I disagree with him being smart. He just uses the Internet to research topics before spewing facts as his own knowledge. This form of misrepresentation is an old trait of his. Just use the Internet like he does to find the facts of his personal history. Just done post them here lest the king and queen of all censorship will systematically deleted you.

Anonymous said...

21A: Foul.
22A: Foul.
37A: Foul.
52A: Foul.
73A: Foul.
83A: Foul.
90A: Foul.
110A: Foul.
4D: Foul.
7D: Foul.
69D: Foul (misspelled).
71D: Foul.
86D: Foul.

Anonymous said...

Ditto Anonymous - Sat down to puzzle after dinner (as I have done on Sunday for decades) and now I have indigestion. Couldn't even get started. First, I couldn't wrestle through the three or four mental functions you had to use to get the theme.Then, by my count, at least fifteen answers misdefined - some so far off the meaning of the word it was ludicrous. Then WAY too many references to present and past tv shows and movies (who really cares about them??). For one who NEVER goes to a crossword "cheat-site", where thousands (by my count) go to have someone do their thinking for them, this was an impossible mess. LAT: That makes two duds this week! You need to revamp your pUzzle editing staff. NO FUN AT ALL!!!!

PK said...

Hey Trolls, GIT back under your bridge and quit fouling our air!

Anonymous T said...

Sunday Lurk say:

Finally finished w/ Youngest's dance recitals & after party. I had to stop in to say HBTY TTP!

Don't sell yourself short, your's is the Turning Blue / G-account -> Blog acct expo that C.C. used. I must have not been clear.... Wait, you are a program manager!

At 0011 1100 you should just about be ready for your goats and forget the grind. Lucky. Glad to hear you had a good day.

Cheers, -T

Wilbur Charles said...

The Great U.R. here. Lost my post by hitting preview. I'm proud of you all for the praise of Mr Coulter. Duh? Of course one adds RED to ORANGE to get YELLOW etc. As for dissenters.. to paraphrase an old punchline: "OMG There's two of them!"

Michael said...

Anonymous at 8:00 yesterday:

<< I am really surprised how many times you make us feel stupid with your patronizing comments. Wait...no I'm not.
We're not all super smart lawyers that beat the system...like you. >>

I think that there is a nice Anglo-Saxon word... ah, yes, churl: a rude, ill-bred person.

We are all in this together, this life, and finding things to be grumpy about is just a waste of time. And anyone civil knows that any electronic message is just truncated, no, mutilated, and cannot be read into, to mean what the author has not clearly said.

Anonymous said...

Problem is there is no such thing as "ice tea".