In Mark's lovely Sunday offering (Sunday? Offering?), he revealed the theme with
121. Misaligned...or, literally, a perfectly aligned aspect of seven answers in this puzzle: OFF CENTER - as you see below in this mint mistake.
I found the triple stacks of 11 particularly impressive and here are Mark's fun theme fills
21. Place of business : THE OFFICE - Here's the cast from the original UK TV show THE OFFICE starring Ricky Gervais before Steve Carell, et al made it a hit here
23. Powerful display : SHOW OF FORCE - A joint US/South Korea Air Force SHOW OF FORCE intended for a certain party north of the 38th parallel
48. Olive branch: PEACE OFFERING - After being accused of a horrible crime, Kobe Bryant gave his wife Vanessa a $4M purple diamond ring as a PEACE OFFERING which sports reporters called "The Apology Ring". She initiated divorce proceedings and then called them off eight years later
102. Clique : CIRCLE OF FRIENDS - Some thought it odd that this CIRCLE OF FRIENDS could not find a minority member in NYC for their clique.
119. Vivien Leigh's last film : SHIP OF FOOLS - 36 years twixt Scarlett O'Hara and Mary Treadwell
93. Red Label spirits : SMIRNOFF VODKA - They get the Bronze Medal in this "Rate The Vodka" poll that was taken of the World's 50 Best Bars. However, it is the top seller world-wide by a large margin.
1. Time to hang on? : A SEC
5. Dinner __ : DATE
9. Trunk hardware : HASP
13. Future flowers : BUDS
17. Sheltered area : COVE
18. Declare frankly : AVOW
19. NFL Titan, before 1999 : OILER - Earl Campbell running for the Houston OILER team 15 years before they became the alliterative Tennessee Titans. Tony?
20. "But I could be wrong" : OR NOT
25. 49-Down counterpart: Abbr. : SOR
26. "Assuming that's true ... " : IF SO
27. Heap : TON
28. Sics on : LETS AT - I said "Good Night!"
29. Like some guitar music : TWANGY
31. Comic Jay : MOHR - MOHR, you're in for LENO
34. Not nice at all : SNIDE
36. U.S. govt. broadcaster : VOA
38. Mandlikova of '80s tennis : HANA
42. Louise __, National Book Award winner for "The Round House" : ERDRICH - an Ojibwe writer of novels, poetry, and children's books featuring Native American characters and settings
45. Empire with provinces called suyu : INCA - If you remember any of these after you scroll by...
46. Superman nemesis Luthor : LEX
47. Hebrew for "skyward" : EL AL - Profiling is part of their security procedures
51. Still being tested, as software : IN BETA
53. Objectivism advocate Rand : AYN - Isn't there a 3-letter woman's LAST name we see often here hmmm...
54. Stadium shaker : ROAR
55. "There __ darkness but ignorance": "Twelfth Night" : IS NO
56. Undefined number : ANY - Give this A SEC
57. Thieves' room? : DEN
58. Cheat : ROOK
60. Wound covering : SCAB
62. __ center : MED
63. Sweater sizes: Abbr. : LGES
65. Ancient Roman garment : TUNIC - "Quod tunica spectat ridiculam super te , Caesar" (That TUNIC does look funny on you, Caesar!) "Et tu, Brute"
67. Camaro option : T-TOP
69. Where shakes may be seen : ROOF - Shake shingles
71. Udder parts : TEATS - "Quit that snickering or there'll be no recess!"
75. Quarterback Tony : ROMO
77. It receives many returns: Abbr. : IRS - I mail mine (don't trust electronic filing) on April 14th as late as I can. Grrrr....
79. Become less hostile : THAW - We've just had our January THAW this week with temps well into the 40's. Blizzard on Tuesday!
81. Frigate front : PROW - The other end is called the what?
82. Meas. reduced by fog : VIS - VISiblity abbr. indicated
85. Major conflict : WAR
86. Country singer McCann : LILA
88. Picnic side : SLAW
90. Place for a nail : TOE
91. Van Cleef & __: French jeweler/perfumer : ARPELS - What's that S doing there?
96. Crisis team acronym : SWAT
97. Letters before F? : TGI - Everyday is Friday for me
100. Mr. Knightley's wife, in the novel of the same name : EMMA - Our EMMA at our house
101. Leaning : AT A TILT
106. Olympic hawk : ARES - I suppose a God Of War would be a hawk
107. Teen's opening number? : ONE - 13, 14...
108. Actress Ryan : IRENE - Her most famous role is on her tombstone
109. Close : NEAR
110. Common rejoinder in one-upmanship : OH YEAH -Not exactly pithy
112. "Full House" actor : STAMOS
114. Forest female : DOE
116. Rhein tributary : AARE
118. MLX ÷ X : CVI - We have ₤1,060 and tunics are ₤10 apiece which means we can buy 106 of them
123. Farm girls : MARES and 8 Down. Farm girl : EWE - Some rural girls
124. Polonius hid behind one : ARRAS - I first saw this in the January 22 puzzle this year
125. Razor brand : ATRA
126. Source : ROOT
127. Blown away : AWED - Even Simon
128. Reddish horse : ROAN
129. General __ chicken : TSO'S
130. Shelter sounds : ARFS
1. Does as expected : ACTS THE PART
2. "But enough about me" follower : SO HOW ARE YOU - We all know people who never utter these words
3. Occasionally : EVER AND ANON - "And EVER AND ANON they made a doubt" - Loves Labours Lost
4. Board VIP : CEO
5. Black toon duck : DAFFY - None of my H.S. Juniors knew him
6. Alamo competitor : AVIS
7. In the future : TO COME
9. Greeting from Kermit : HI HO
10. King in "The Tempest" : ALONSO
11. Put in stitches : SEW
12. Hot-button political platform term : PRO-LIFE
13. Warner __ : BROS - For whom the Black Toon Duck worked
14. Came apart : UNRAVELED
15. High degree : DOCTORATE - At least get one that's worth something
16. Fr. holy woman : STE
19. Exclusion : OSTRACISM - Heartbreaking to watch on the playground
20. Quite a bit : OFTEN
22. Fruit often dried : FIG
24. Shipping overnight, perhaps : FEDEXING - The old "noun to a verb" trick
30. Certain undercover cop : NARC
32. Andy's son : OPIE
33. Painter Rousseau : HENRI - Post impressionist (looked it up) and this is cool
35. 32-team gp. : NFL
37. "The Lord of the whole wood," per Mr. Beaver : ASLAN
39. Blood typing concern : RH FACTOR - 85% of white people and 93% of black people are RH+
40. Worker with hides : TANNER
41. Ball girl : DEB - Front of utante? :-)
43. Suffix with front : IER
44. Sweet talk : COOS
49. Rites group : FRAT
50. Titular character with no lines : GODOT - I think they're still waiting for him
52. "My eye!" in Minsk : NYET
56. "__ Aunt": Little Rascals short : ALFALFA'S - I don't know about his Aunt but the consensus was that Alfalfa (Carl Switzer) was a jerk. He eventually died of a gunshot wound
59. Cassis aperitif : KIR - A French cocktail made with a measure of Crème de Cassis mixed with dry, white wine
61. Starts to bubble, maybe : BOILS - Not if you're watching it
64. NFL season opening mo. : SEP - Next Sunday it's the Super Bowl and then a long wait
66. Monastery garb : COWL
68. Easy read : PRIMER - Just the sight of this PRIMER brings back great memories
70. Extremely : OH SO
72. Production design team member : ART DIRECTOR
73. Said farewell to : TOOK LEAVE OF - Aren't we more familiar with TOOK LEAVE OF his/her senses?
74. Resort area souvenirs : SWEATSHIRTS
76. With "a," eminently skilled at, as disguise : MASTER OF
78. Severe disrepute : SLIMINESS
80. Be carried gently : WAFT
82. Explorer __ da Gama : VASCO - First European to sail around Africa to India. He left 5 yrs. after Columbus went the other way
83. "The Young Lions" novelist : IRWIN SHAW
84. External Jeep attachment : SPARE TIRE - Famously carried on the back of the vehicle
87. Napoleon's légion : ARMEE - French dogfaces
89. Mountain State: Abbr. : W VA - In the words of John Denver
92. List-limiting letters : ETC
94. Gram : NANA
98. Makes it big : GOES FAR
99. Dogpatch conditional : IF'N
103. Rides to the prom : LIMOS
104. Sinatra trademark : FEDORA
105. They may be rough : DRAFTS - Written in the White House on Presidential stationary not on the back of an envelope while on a train. Lincoln edited it the night before and added the tenth and final sentence. Yup, only ten.
110. Black-and-white swimmers : ORCAS
111. Bit of a chuckle : HEE
113. Mimicked : APED
115. "The Good Earth" wife : OLAN
117. Hendrix hairdo : AFRO - Buckwheat?
119. Wee : SMA - A 1909 Sadie Wendell Mitchell poster of scandalous behavior!
120. Granada gold : ORO
121. Meal opener : OAT - Mom used to say OATMEAL will "stick to your ribs"
122. Food service trade org. : NRA - Maybe someone with a potato gun could belong to both this and the other NRA
I'm sure Mark is happy with a very fine puzzle and does not require a BURNT OFFERING and so let's see if there are any "OFF CENTER" remarks to follow. Anyone posting such a comment would probably not be a FIRST OFFENDER