Theme: AT-titude. Two-word phrases beginning with A and T.
18. *Lighthouse landmark in Honolulu : ALOHA TOWER. In Downtown Honolulu, the landmark lighthouse first opened in 1926. From Wikipedia: As of 2013 the shopping center and Aloha Tower itself have fallen into a state of disrepair, most of the store fronts are now gone and the entire mall and tower is showing damage. Many of the ships that were once tourist attractions have ceased operating, the Falls of Clyde has been stripped of her masts and is now a derelict sitting in the harbor. Today, Hawaii Pacific University has purchased and is continuing to redevelop the space. The second floor is now used as student housing with 268 beds. The ground floor features the HPU Welcome Center as well as other student facilities, and there are also some restaurants.
23. *Club batting first, in baseball : AWAY TEAM
36. *Capital that's home to Lady Bird Lake : AUSTIN TEXAS
50. *Treaded combat vehicle : ARMY TANK
56. Best place to be, slangily ... and, when divided in four parts, what the answers to starred clues are? : WHERE IT'S AT
Melissa here. Clever reveal answer, and a perfect Tuesday-level solve. Only had trouble with one answer, SALVO - all perps.
1. Part of AAA: Abbr. : ASSN
5. Utopian sites : EDENS
10. Abrasive sand bits : GRIT
14. Round caramel candy : ROLO
15. Get Mad again? : RENEW. Re-subscribe. Favorite clue.
16. Like some Chardonnay : OAKY
17. Kingdom given to Esau : EDOM. Now southern Jordan.
20. "E," on dashboards : NO GAS.
22. Photographer's stand : TRIPOD
25. Chain of hills : RIDGE
29. Madame, in Tijuana : SEÑORA
30. Starts of typical workweeks : MONDAYS
32. Confer holy orders upon : ORDAIN
41. Pic next to a screen name : AVATAR
42. Bombardment : BARRAGE
44. Breeds, as cattle : RAISES
49. What Bo Peep lost : SHEEP
52. St. Francis' birthplace : ASSISI
55. Burst of gunshots : SALVO. New to me.
60. Bear's home : LAIR
61. Made on a loom : WOVE
62. Choppers : TEETH. Not motorcycles.
63. "How __ Your Mother" : I MET.
64. Chilled with cubes : ICED
65. Position paper : ESSAY
66. Helps out : AIDS
1. Sports venues : ARENAS
2. "Us, too!" : SO DO WE
3. "I'm Lovin' It" or "Just Do It," e.g. : SLOGAN. I carelessly started entering MOTTO, without counting the spaces. Nope.
4. Dieter's sandwich spec : NO MAYO
5. Historic period : ERA
6. Triangular river formation : DELTA
7. Huge, to a poet : ENORM
10. "That's using your head!" : GOOD IDEA
13. Norse god of war : TYR
19. Ripped : TORN
21. Houston baseballers, briefly : 'STROS
24. Livestock identifier : EAR TAG
26. Beaver creations : DAMS
27. Workout spot : GYM
28. Linguistic suffix : ESE
30. Catcher's glove : MITT
31. Feature of Vegas "bandits" : ONE ARM
33. Go off the high board : DIVE
34. Santa __, California : ANA
36. Suffix with billion : AIRE
37. Lifted : UPREARED. I know it's legit, because I looked it up ... but what?
38. Dental exam pictures : X-RAYS
39. Atlanta-based cable channel : TBS
40. Crowd cheer : RAH
45. Roma is its capital : ITALIA
46. Hanging deli meat : SALAMI
47. Was jealous of : ENVIED
48. Hybrid garments : SKORTS. Hybrid made me think unisex, and I first tried SKIRT. Nope.
50. Burden-bearing beasts : ASSES
51. Gaucho's rope : RIATA
53. Internet location : SITE
54. Suffix for natives : ITES
56. 1914-'18 conflict, briefly : WWI
57. Ad __ committee : HOC. For a particular purpose.
58. Mother of Cain and Abel : EVE
59. Commandments pronoun : THY